Boyd Family History
1. Elijah BOYD.
Elijah BOYD and Patience UNKNOWN had the following children:
+2 i. James E. BOYD.
3 ii. Benjamin BOYD was born in 1831.
4 iii. Mary BOYD was born in 1833.
5 iv. John BOYD was born in 1835.
6 v. Abraham BOYD was born in 1837.
7 vi. William BOYD was born in 1840.
8 vii. Sarah BOYD was born in 1841.
9 viii. Henry BOYD was born in 1845.
10 ix. Hamilton BOYD was born in 1845.
2. James E. BOYD was born on 25 Sep 1825. He died on 21 Oct 1899. He was buried in Stillmore, GA. James' last name could have been recorded as "Boyt" and/or "Bout".
Boyt: Marriage Book B: Page 129: 1856-1879.
Bout: Marriage Book B: Page 144: 1856-1879.
James was a Confederate Soldier: Co. C. 38th Reg. Ga. Vol. Inf.
He entered service on October 1, 1861.
He was wounded at the First Battle of Cold Harbor, VA on June 27, 1862
at the Gaines' Mill Battle (another name for the battle).
He was captured at the Battle of Cedar Creek, VA on October 19, 1864.
He was paroled at Point Lookout, MD and transferred to Aiken's Landing, VA
for exchange on March 28, 1865.
Both he and Lucretia are buried at the Cool Springs Baptist Church
Cemetery in Aline, GA.
He was married to Lucretia COLLINS EDENFIELD (daughter of David Keen COLLINS and Mariah JAMIMA) on 6 Feb 1866. Lucretia COLLINS EDENFIELD was born on 15 Mar 1835. She died on 18 Nov 1894. She was buried in Stillmore, GA. Lucretia was Lucretia COLLINS prior to marrying Richard EDENFIELD.
Richard died in 1863, probably in the Civil War.
They had one daughter: Cassandra (Cassie) Ann Americus EDENFIELD.
James E. BOYD and Lucretia COLLINS EDENFIELD had the following children:
+11 i. Twiggs Pughley BOYD.
+12 ii. Jeraldine BOYD.
+13 iii. W. Rudolphus BOYD.
+14 iv. Nathan David BOYD.
11. Twiggs Pughley BOYD was born on 6 Jan 1876 in Stillmore, GA. He died on 6 Aug 1959 in Collins, GA. Died of Heart Attack. He was buried in Collins, GA.
He was married to Melvina Oliver KERSEY (daughter of Jake OLIVER and Margaret SAPP ) about 1900. Melvina Oliver KERSEY was born on 3 Mar 1871. She died on 6 Feb 1930 in Collins, GA. Died of Cancer. She was buried in Collins, GA. Twiggs Pughley BOYD and Melvina Oliver KERSEY had the following children:
+15 i. Elton BOYD.
+16 ii. Edgar BOYD.
+17 iii. Otis BOYD.
+18 iv. Lula BOYD.
+19 v. Jewell BOYD.
Martha (Pink) ANDERSON (daughter of Simon Peter ANDERSON and Josephene WILLIAMS ) was born on 24 Jan 1893. She died in 1988.
12. Jeraldine BOYD was born in Stillmore, GA.
13. W. Rudolphus BOYD died in 1848. He was born in 1865 in Stillmore, GA. He was buried in Stillmore, GA.
He was married to Elizabeth "Lizzie" OLIVER on 8 Sep 1898.
He was married to Mrs. S. Florence WHEELER on 3 Nov 1934.
14. Nathan David BOYD was born on 25 Jan 1868 in Stillmore, GA. He died on 5 Aug 1934 in Stillmore, GA.
Anna GRIFFIN was born on 8 Oct 1885. She died on 5 Mar 1967. She was buried in Collins, Tattnall, GA. Nathan David BOYD and Anna GRIFFIN had the following children:
+20 i. Thelma BOYD.
He was married to Laura EDENFIELD (daughter of John EDENFIELD and Narcissa A. Canada EDENFIELD ) on 3 Jan 1897. Laura EDENFIELD was born on 21 Jun 1872. She died on 9 May 1904. Laura is buried in the Edenfield Cemetery located on a dirt road to the
right of road 192 between Swainsboro and Stillmore, GA.
Nathan David BOYD and Laura EDENFIELD had the following children:
+21 i. Clara D. BOYD.
+22 ii. James Rufus BOYD.
15. Elton BOYD was born on 7 Aug 1906 in Stillmore, GA. He died on 19 Dec 1992 in Laurel, MD. Died of Parkinson and Liver problems. He was buried on 21 Dec 1992 in Collins, GA. Elton is buried in the Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery Marriage note: Married 6 July 1925
At Reidsville, GA
In Tattnal County, GA
By E.E. Purvis, Ordinary
Witnessed by Mrs. E. E. Purvis
He was married to Vie COLLINS (daughter of William Berrian COLLINS and Mary Susannah WRENN ) on 6 Jul 1925 in Collins, GA. Vie COLLINS was born on 5 Sep 1906 in Collins, GA. Elton BOYD and Vie COLLINS had the following children:
+23 i. James Edward BOYD.
24 ii. Lois BOYD was born on 24 Mar 1928 in Savannah, GA. She died on 19 Apr 1928 in Savannah, GA. Died of Water on the Brain. She was buried in Collins, GA. Lois is buried in the cemetery at Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church.
16. Edgar BOYD was born on 4 Jan 1903 in Collins, GA. He died on 9 Jul 1970 in Savannah, GA. Died of Heart Attack.
Jeannette WILSON was born on 26 Sep 1912. She died on 3 Apr 1986. Died of Alzimers. Edgar BOYD and Jeannette WILSON had the following children:
+25 i. Eugene BOYD.
+26 ii. Lois BOYD.
+27 iii. Howard BOYD.
17. Otis BOYD was born on 9 Jan 1911 in Collins, GA. He died on 24 Jun 1996 in Savannah, GA. He was buried on 27 Jun 1996 in Collins, GA. Buried at Anderson PB church cemetery
He was married to Edrice CALLOWAY on 23 Feb 1932. Edrice CALLOWAY was born on 11 Sep 1915 in Collins, GA. Otis BOYD and Edrice CALLOWAY had the following children:
+28 i. Evelyn BOYD.
+29 ii. Joyce Laverne BOYD.
+30 iii. Otis Clarence BOYD.
18. Lula BOYD died in Reidsville, GA. Died of cancer.
Lula BOYD and Ned WOODS had the following children:
31 i. Frank WOODS.
+32 ii. Fred WOODS.
33 iii. Bernice WOODS.
19. Jewell BOYD died on 20 Aug 1989 in Collins, GA. Died of Heart Attack.
Willy H. SIKES died. Died of Heart Attack. Jewell BOYD and Willy H. SIKES had the following children:
+34 i. Charles SIKES.
+35 ii. Robert SIKES.
20. Thelma BOYD.
21. Clara D. BOYD was born on 4 Nov 1902 in Stillmore, GA. She died on 3 Jul 1958 in Blythwood, Richland, SC. She was buried in Blythwood, Richland, SC.
She was married to Vallard D. MOSELEY on 8 Jul 1918.
22. James Rufus BOYD was born on 16 Sep 1900 in Stillmore, GA. He died on 13 Jul 1947 in Fairfield City, SC. He was buried in Fairfield City, SC.
He was married to Ethel V. HOOVER on 7 Apr 1928.
23. James Edward BOYD was born on 26 Feb 1927 in Collins, GA.
He was married to Virginia Oleta WATSON (daughter of Thomas Asbury WATSON and Selina Eugenia PATTERSON ) on 25 Jun 1950 in Little Rock, AR. Virginia Oleta WATSON was born on 9 Jan 1925 in Plainview, AR. James Edward BOYD and Virginia Oleta WATSON had the following children:
+36 i. Dianne Kathleen BOYD.
+37 ii. Marcia Karen BOYD.
25. Eugene BOYD died on 22 Sep 1994. Shot himself
26. Lois BOYD.
27. Howard BOYD.
Howard BOYD and Corrie STRICKLAND had the following children:
38 i. Laura Kristen BOYD was born on 20 Aug 1965.
39 ii. Elizabeth Ashley BOYD was born on 30 May 1978.
28. Evelyn BOYD was born on 21 Nov 1932 in Collins, GA.
She was married to James W. HALL on 10 Oct 1950.
29. Joyce Laverne BOYD was born on 26 Jan 1943 in Savannah, GA.
She was married to Jimmy C. HUMPHRY on 12 Jan 1962.
30. Otis Clarence BOYD was born on 10 Oct 1934 in Collins, GA.
He was married to Dorothy DOOLEY on 21 Jun 1958.
32. Fred WOODS.
34. Charles SIKES.
Charles SIKES and Linda EASON had the following children:
+40 i. Rhonda SIKES.
+41 ii. Charles Alan SIKES.
+42 iii. Marcia SIKES.
35. Robert SIKES.
36. Dianne Kathleen BOYD was born on 26 Sep 1951 in Washington, DC.
She was married to Mead Frank Jr. JESTES on 1 Jul 1972 in Ellicott City, MD. Mead Frank Jr. JESTES was born on 13 Jul 1947 in Oella, MD. Dianne Kathleen BOYD and Mead Frank Jr. JESTES had the following children:
43 i. Brian Mead JESTES was born on 19 Aug 1973 in Baltimore, MD.
44 ii. Kurtis Edward JESTES was born on 11 Feb 1977 in Baltimore, MD.
45 iii. Steven Alexander JESTES was born on 21 Apr 1984 in Baltimore, MD.
37. Marcia Karen BOYD was born on 18 May 1953 in Washington, DC.
She was married to Harry Nathan MONROE on 22 Jan 1974 in Ellicott City, MD. Harry Nathan MONROE was born on 12 May 1945 in College Park, MD. Marcia Karen BOYD and Harry Nathan MONROE had the following children:
46 i. Michael Alan MONROE was born on 26 Aug 1974 in Baltimore, MD.
47 ii. Eric Justin MONROE was born on 26 Jul 1980 in Baltimore, MD.
40. Rhonda SIKES.
Rhonda SIKES and Mike COLLINS had the following children:
48 i. Travis COLLINS.
41. Charles Alan SIKES.
42. Marcia SIKES.
Marcia SIKES and Curtis SANDERS had the following children:
49 i. Nichole SANDERS.
I am James Edward Boyd, son of Elton and Vie Boyd.
James and Virginia Boyd
James E. Boyd. Copyright © 1997. James E. Boyd. All Rights Reserved.