Communities

 

Floyd County GAGenWeb

 

a proud part of

If you have additions or corrections, please let me know.

Agate

Had its own post office from 1881-1933

Anniedale An unincorporated area in Floyd County which had a post office from 1893-1901

Armuchee

Unincorporated area in Floyd County, north of Rome.  Had its own post office from 1837

Ballenger An unincorporated area in Floyd County. It had its own post office only in 1898
Barker's Store Had a post office from 1859-1866
Bolway Had a post office from 1901-1912
Briceville Had a post office from 1883-1894
Briscoe Had a post office from 1896-1903
Byrd Unincorporated area in Floyd County, had a post office from 1885-1931
California Unincorporated area which had a post office from 1848-1852
Caroline Unincorporated area which had a post office from 1888-1990

Cave Spring

An area where the Cherokee and other Indians came to meet due to a cave and spring water.  The town was founded in 1839 as a small town by Baptists who were early settlers.  The spring is located in Rolater Park along with the cave.  Cave Spring is the home of the Georgia School for the Deaf which was established in 1846.  Has had its own post office from 1840.

Cedar Springs Unincorporated area which had a post office from 1854-1861
Chambers Unincorporated area which had a post office from 1893-1932
Chubbtown An unincorporated area in Floyd County. Had a post office from 1894-1903
Chulio Unincorporated area which had a post office from 1878-1901
Chunalanska An area that had its own post office from 1840-1841
Convenient had a post office for just one year - 1860

Coosa

Unincorporated community in Floyd County,  west of Rome.  Had a post office from 1834.

Coosa Bend had a post office from 1867-1868
Courtesy an early unincorporated area which had a post office from 1836-1843
Crystal Springs Had a post office from 1874-1907
Cunningham's Station Had a post office for a short time - from 1870-1874
De Soto Had a post office from 1883-1887
Dykes Store had a post office from 1856-1885
Early An unincorporated area which had a post office from 1889-1932
Etowah Had a post office from 1880-1902
Everett's Spring Had a post office from 1851-1906.  It is an unincorporated area.
Ferry Had a post office from 1883-1899
Flo An unincorporated area that had a post office from 1886-1901
Floyd Springs An unincorporated area that had a post office from 1852-1903
Forestville Had a post office from 1883-1888
Foster's Mills An unincorporated area that had a post office from 1886-1907
Fouche An unincorporated area that had a post office from 1881-1901
Hamer Had a post office in 1881 only
Hammons Mill Had a post office from 1878-1883
Hardin's Mills An early unincorporated area which had a post officce from 1840-1850
Haynie Had a post office from 1887-1903
Head of Coosa a very early part of Floyd County which had a post office from 1828-1835
Hermitage Had a post office off and on from 1835 to 1949
John's Creek An early area in Floyd County which had a post office from 1842-1843
Johnson An unincorporated area in Floyd county which had a post office 1848-1856
Landers An unincorporated area which had a post office from 1888-1904
Lavender Had a post office from 1889-1910

Lindale

Unincorporated area in Floyd County.  It has had a post office since 1883.  The community was built around the Lindale Textile Mill which was later owned by West Point-Pepperell.  It has had a post office since 1883

Linger Had a post office from 1917-1926

Livingston

An Old Indian village in Floyd County GA near McGee Bend on the Coosa River.  An early Missionary site was there and it was know as Missionary Station on some maps.  It was the first county seat in Floyd Co in 1833.  It had a post office from 1834-1901

London had a post office from 1898-1899
Lonesome Home An early part of Floyd County, had a post office from 1840-1842
Margie Had a post office from 1895-1903
McGuire's Store Had a post office from 1852-1867
Melson An unincorporated area in Floyd County which had a post office from 1885-1903
Missionary Station Had a post office from 1837-1881

Mount Berry

Unincorporated area which borders Rome.  It has the main campus of Berry College which was named for founder Martha Berry.  Has had a post office since 1911.

Mount Hope Had a post office from 1888-1892
Nannie had a post office from 1870-1903
New Rome An unincorporated area which had a post office from 1891-1901
Obryan had a post office from 1900-1901
Oreburg Had a post office from 1888-1899
Orsman Had a post office from 1883-1902
Reesburg Had a post office from 1888-1903
Ridge Valley Had a post office from 1875-1883

Rome

County Seat from 1834. The City has seven hills and rivers running between those hills, which led the early settlers to name the city for Rome, Italy.  It had advantageous location due to the rivers to send cotton down river in the antebellum time period. Had a post office from 1835.

Rosedale Had a post office from 1899-1904
Rounsaville Had a post office from 1884-1888
Russell Had a post office from 1900-1901
Rustic Post Office from 1898-1899
Sandsprings Had a post office from 1896-1901
Scale Works An unincorporated area in Floyd County which had a post office from 1891-1895
Shad Had a post office from 1886-1887

Shannon

Also called Ridge Valley, and Hermitage. An unincorporated place which had its first settlement in the 1830s. Had a post office from 1890.

Shorter Had a post office from 1895-1899

Silver Creek

Unincorporated area in Floyd County which had its own post office since 1880.  The community took its name from nearby Silver Creek. Has had a post office since 1880

Six Mile Station Had a post office from 1883-1886
State Line Had a post office from 1838-1857
Thomas Mills Had a post office from 1854-1886
Vann's Valley An early part of Floyd County which had a post office from 1832-1901
Walesca Had a post office from 1848-1853
Wax Had a post office from 1894-1901
Wilkins Had a post office from 1887-1904
Yancy had a post office from 1904-1906
Yarborough Had a post office from 1855-1885

Back to Home Page

 

This page was last updated on -04/21/2018

 

Copyright 1999-present The GAGenWeb Project Team