Churches of

Lowndes County, GA

Lowndes County GAGenWeb

A proud part of GAGenWeb

If you have additions or corrections, please let me know.

Salem Methodist Church, ca 1866.  This church was built ca 1856.

Photo courtesy of Vanishing Georgia, Georgia Archives.

First Methodist Church, Valdosta, ca 1910-1916

Photo courtesy of Vanishing Georgia, Georgia Archives.

Naylor United Methodist Church, established ca 1870.  Originally in a log cabin which was also the local schoolhouse.  Riley R Fender, a Confederate Veteran, was the first member.  He had been blinded during the Civil War but was the Sunday School superintendent for about 40 years.  About 1872 the first church building was built on land donated by Asa Rooks.  This building was built in the early 1900s.

 

Courtesy of vanishingsouthgeorgia

   
   
   
   
   
   
   

The Primitive Baptist Churches of  Deep South Georgia

Antioch Primitive Baptist Church, established ca 1836.

Bethel Primitive Baptist Church, Was Lowndes, now Brooks Co. Established ca 1826.  Records are at Mercer University Library

Cat Creek Primitive Baptist Church, established ca 1867.  Records are at Mercer University Library

Corinth Baptist Church established ca 1850.  Records are at Mercer University Library

Friendship Primitive Baptist Church, Lowndes Co. Records are at Mercer University Library

Lee Street Baptist Church, Valdosta. Records are at Mercer University Library

Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church.  Records are at Mercer University Library

New Bethel Baptist Church, est ca 1861.  Records are at Mercer University Library

Northside Baptist Church, Valdosta. Records are at Mercer University Library

Pleasant Baptist Church, established ca 1835. Records are at Mercer University Library

Union Primitive Baptist Church, Lowndes now Lanier Co. Records are at Mercer University Library

Unity Primitive Baptist Church, Records are at Mercer University Library

Valdosta First Primitive Baptist Church, ca 1840. Records are at Mercer University Library

Valdosta Primitive Baptist Church, ca 1899. Records are at Mercer University Library

Back to Home Page

This page was last updated on -04/28/2018

 

Copyright 1999-present The GAGenWeb Project Team